Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day Of Spring

Spring is definitely springing here in the beautiful Sierra Nevadas. The weathermen are threatening more snow but I'm going to my happy place and will believe these 70 degree days aren't going to budge. All the local stores have started putting out their hardy annuals, varieties of bagged mulch and soil amendments and I have to admit I'm like a crack addict when it comes to that first sniff of rich, dark dirt. I want to grab my trowel and start digging! I knew I was in trouble when I caught myself with my nose pressed up against the glass of the local garden center wondering if I could possibly keep a hybrid tea rose alive in our rolling tin can that we now call home.

Ah, how I miss my garden right now! I'm certainly having a great time on the road but there is a piece of my heart left behind in the dirt of Missoula. I wonder if my crocus are up or if the tulips have started making an appearance, and if my little magnolia made it through this tough winter. So, to my gardening friends in Missoula, wish I was there to plot, plan, weed and turn that soil with you and please plant a pepper for me!

1 comment:

Chris and Lori said...

Susan, I love the photo of you in your profile. You are looking so thin & blond!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails