Saturday, February 12, 2011

Poor Me Sucks It Up

Angel of Santa Fe
I was sitting here with still frozen pipes and my "poor me" attitude firmly affixed, looking out at a cold and not-so-pretty view and longing for the end of this assignment so we could just move ON already. I'm tired of red dirt and dust that filters into every crevice, flat-as-a-pancake, sticker and cactus encrusted plains, the smell of cow manure and frigid, freeze-you-to-the-bone wind and I'm really sick of the name...Clovis. Really? With such poetic and intriguing names such as Ruidoso, Tucumcari, Santa Fe, Taos and the always fun, Albuquerque, surrounding you, the founding fathers of this little burg chose CLOVIS? Someone seriously needs a reality check.

I have actually surprised myself with the depth of my self-pity. Though some of our assignments haven't been in the best of locations, I've always enjoyed the experience and the thrill of exploring a brand new corner of my world. Not quite sure why this one has worked me over so badly but, as I listened to that voice in my head bitch and complain and go on and on about how miserable she is, I decided enough was enough and it was time to pull up my bootstraps and focus on the really amazing and beautiful spots we've discovered while cooling our heels in Clovis, NM.

So, without further ado, here is a glimpse into our world and an "Up yours!" to that whiny voice inside my head:
Santa Fe Overpass
Desert Landscape near Santa Fe
Camel Rock
Erik and Chloe stretching their legs in Palo Duro Canyon, TX
 
Palo Duro Canyon, TX
Pot-bellied stove in Lincoln, NM
Mission in Lincoln, NM
Defense turret in Lincoln, NM
Grandparents farmhouse, Circleback, TX
Last sunset of 2010
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails