Sunday, March 16, 2008

Searching For The Sun


I have been hovering and watching my little trays of peat pods like a mother hen watching her eggs and I am so proud and happy to report I HAVE SEEDLINGS! I know, I know, this is something we've experienced since planting our first sunflower seed in first grade but, all these years later, it still amazes me. I ran around looking for Erik and made him come and gaze at these brave, little starts struggling up through their damp peat moss. Look at these gorgeous little guys! One day...nothing! And the next....PLANTS!


Now that I've gotten this positive reinforcement on seed-starting, I am like a junky looking for my next fix. I can't pass up any seed stands and I dream of all the plants I could grow. Erik is threatening to cut off my "garden budget" if I don't start controlling myself but he'll be changing his tune when I start harvesting the first butternut squash, or Anaheim chile! Or pumpkins, Brussels sprouts, Walla Wallas, basil, sage, tomatoes (2 varieties), spicy and sweet mesclun, zucchini, watermelons, jalapenos, beets, carrots, peas and beans.... Hmmm, ok, I admit, I've got a problem.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It'll be Green-up before you know it...

Connie said...

Hi - Stopping by from Blotanical. I am just over the mountains from you in Idaho.
Congrats on your seedling babies!

kate smudges said...

Your seedlings must be coming along really well by now. I live to the north of you and am about to start my seeds as soon as they arrive. It is addicting, this seed starting.

I'm hoping you post more often - I enjoyed reading about Chloe (I have a brown lab, who swooped under me about 5 winters ago. Several surgeries later, my wrist is back to normal. He has an incredible protective streak.)

Happy spring - it looks as if you are more advanced there than here.

Mari said...

What a wonderful feeling, isn´t it? By the way, I have been promising myself to control my gardening budget, but not much help so far:)
Have a nice springtime!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails