Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Walk in the Woods


After a week of gorgeous weather, I was a bit melancholy to see the clouds move back in. I know, I know, it's still officially winter in Montana but a girl can dream, can't she? So, in an effort to cheer ourselves up, E & I decided to take the pups for a much-needed run up in Pattee Canyon.


There was still quite a bit of snow on the ground though it was pretty icy. I, who is never dressed approriately, was wearing my old running shoes with practically no tread. I managed to slip and slide and contort myself into positions that should have given me high scores had I been competing in any sort of gymnastic competition. And, of course, they were all completed with the utmost of grace....not! Thank god no one was around to see my contortion act. The dogs actually thought it was some sort of game and kept running up to me to see what I was doing.

I did manage to save my camera from sure death and snap a couple of pictures and in the end fun was had by all. Not to mention the scenery is great no matter what season!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails